Saturday, September 12, 2009

Syracuse Football

"We need to make this place the hardest place to play in the country. We need you, we need everyone. This is our state, our town, our team, and we gotta win. Now. G'Orange."

If that video doesn't get you pumped up, you don't have a pulse. Or don't like Syracuse, which basically means you're dead to me anyway. Cuse-Penn State kicks off in an hour, and for those of you who don't know, this used to be a huge rivalry. The rivalry basically died when Cuse joined the Big East and they stopped playing every year, but when I was little and first started following sports this was the rivalry for Syracuse, and I can't even begin to discuss how much I used to hate Penn State. Now they're trying to bring the rivalry back a bit (although it's uncertain whether they'll stil play after this seas0n), and now, we're kind of a joke, and Penn State's kind of good. I don't care; I ordered the Big Ten Network just to watch this game, and I'm all fired up and delusional because I've talked myself into thinking Syracuse has a chance to keep this close. G'Orange.

I'll put my random/suicidal thoughts in a post here during the game in what the kids like to call a "live blog." Be prepared for obscenity-laced tirades.

No comments:

Post a Comment