Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh, Hello There




Welcome to Extend the Game, a place that will make you as fucking happy as Randy Moss is right there. Let me tell you a bit about me and what to expect here:


- I'm a diehard fan of the Bulls, the White Sox, and Syracuse football and basketball. Expect many demented rantings about those teams and the people in charge of them. I'm looking at you, Vinny Del Negro.


- The sports that will be touched on most around here will be, in order, the NBA, college football, college basketball, the NFL, and maybe a touch of boxing and baseball.


- In the next few days, in addition to new content, I'm going to post some older pieces I've written so you can see me fully on tilt.


- Get used to the term "on tilt." Wikipedia (which is always right) defines tilt as "a term for a state of mental frustration in which a poker player plays a suboptimal game. " This happens to me in everyday life often, usually related to one of my teams losing or my multitude of gambling losses.


- This place is going to get very NBA centric as the new season approaches and throughout the year. Until then, expect a heavy dose of college football, including unsolicited gambling advice from someone who has lost way too much money gambling in the past year. So you'll either win money with me, which is good for everyone, or you can make fun of me for my horrible picks, which is fun for you at least. College football picks will continue throughout the NBA season.


- In no particular order, athletes I have unabashed mancrushes on: Derrick Rose, Donovan McNabb, Carmelo Anthony, Tyrus Thomas, Felix Hernandez, Adam Jones (the baseball player), Ben Gordon, J.R. Smith, Mark Reynolds, Calvin Johnson, and Mark Buehrle. Expect many more to join that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment